From the COOKS NOTESfile, contributed by
Don't be put off by the ingredient list; this is one of the most
sublime chocolate experiences you will enjoy.
French Silk Pie
1 pie crust, baked.
1 pound butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted (or more to taste)
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add chocolate and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add eggs, one by one, beating on high speed for 5 minutes
after each one. A Kitchenaid comes in really handy here!
- Make sure all sugar crystals are dissolved; keep beating
- Pour into prepared pie tin. Chill several hours until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and/or fresh whipped cream.